Glenn Holmer wrote:

Matt Raible wrote:

It seems that a lot of
"Experts" are touting that it'll be easy to develop because it's a
*standard* and IDEs will support it.

http://wwws.sun.com/software/products/projectrave/

As a Sun employee working directly with the Rave team (since it uses JavaServer Faces), I'm more than a little familiar with what's happening with Rave. It's going to be very cool :-).

As co-spec-lead for JavaServer Faces, I'm also familiar with the direction that other tools vendors have indicated they are going. I can't share any details, but suffice it to say that JavaServer Faces is going to have a rich tools ecosystem, very soon after it goes final.

Craig (who notes that it took Struts nearly three years to get a wide breadth of tools support)