From: Matt Raible [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 9:20 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: JavaServer Faces

I watched a presentation on JSF last night.  Here's my high-level
impressions:

1. It's a replacement for Struts (no matter what folks say).
2. It's basically Swing for the Web.
3. It's more difficult than Struts.

Basically, I'm not impressed.  I think they're going to have do a lot to
make it easier to learn and easier to develop with.  It seems that a lot of
"Experts" are touting that it'll be easy to develop because it's a
*standard* and IDEs will support it.  I'll believe it when I see it
considering I still use HTML editors to edit JSPs and JSTL (because Homesite
is still the best JSP editor IMO).

Read more at http://tinyurl.com/qbyk.

These are just my opinions - so take them with a grain of salt.

Matt