Matt,

This looks like a great taglib -- I wish I had found it when I was working on some past projects :-). In the JSF world, this would be a component that you would use the same way -- with a simple taglib. I'm assuming that this type of functionality is what the highly anticipated JSF "grid" will provide in the next release of JSF (maybe Craig can extrapolate). There's an example of a much less capable, but similar, component in JSF EA4. The main difference between the component and taglib approach is that in the component world, all of this functionality would be implemented by a component/renderer pair. The component itself would be a JavaBean, so it'd have methods, properties, and events, and integrate with tools. You could even have a JavaBeans customizer that would allow you to find and connect to the data source with a wizard interface. You could also develop different renderers, so perhaps one would output HTML and another might work for a WML device. Renderers are separate from the component itself, so all of the basic properties, like the data source, wouldn't have to be changed for a new device -- only the renderer.

Anyway, we're probably getting a little too off-topic, so drop me a line personally if you want to chat more :-).

Kito D. Mann
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Author, JSF in Action
www.JSFCentral.com - JSF FAQ, news, and info