----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Reumann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: Paging

> Christian Bollmeyer wrote:
>
> > http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/ (my favorite, new 1.0 beta out)
>
> The last time I used this tag was a long time ago (over 5 months). What
> I didn't like about it, at the time, was that it stored your entire
> collection in session scope. This is ok for small to moderate sized
> collections of light objects, but if you want paging where you end up
> with a new query to bring back your objects then you'll have to
> implement something else.

Definitely, but then, most paging solutions that work on Collections
do the same, including the JSTL approach described here in more detail:
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/Books/javaprogramming/jstl/jstl_chap
05.pdf
Then, a grep on the 1.0-b1 source tree for 'session' shows only two
references (both of them in mere utility functions), so I think the
Collection doesn't necessarily have to be exactly in Session scope,
but can be in any scope. Probably Matt Raible can shed more light
on this matter.

But what do you recommend? I saw there's a paginatedList feature
in iBATIS, but I don't have any experience with it yet.

> --
> Rick

-- Chris.