Kris

Thank you for your prompt response.  I have now tried
all your suggestions but unfortunately they do not
work.

When I tried

<global-forwards>
  <forward name="mostRecentNews"
path="/getmostrecentnews.do"/>
</global-forwards>
And then used it in the page:

<bean:include id="GetMostRecentPosts"
forward="mostRecentNews"/>

When I access the site from outside the firewall I
still get the “Exception opening resource” and the
external IP address is shown in the URL.  And yet the
rest of the site works, and when I access the action
directly in my browser it displays the page correctly.
(btw it complains if I did not use the id parameter)

I then tried your next suggestion of using JSTL

<%@ taglib prefix="c
uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; %>
<c:import url="/getmostrecentnews.do"/>

It throws an exception of
“javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot forward after
response has been committed” -The same as for a
<jsp:include ...

Any further help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fred

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_view.html,