Kris

After getting my head around Tiles, I have managed to
sort out both original problems (charset/font problem
and url behind firewall problem) by using
<tiles:insert instead of the templates.

I initially did a one for one replacement of the
template tags with tiles tags. Also I replaced the
bean :include with a tiles:insert.  This worked well.

I conclude that the <bean:include has problems with
templates.

Thank you for suggesting that I move to Tiles.

Fred.

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
--- Begin Message ---
Kris

I am not using any <logic:forward> tags anywhere.  The
only logic tags I use are <logic:messagesPresent>.

As for the side note: I was thinking of moving to
Tiles very soon but I did not want confuse myself
further by introducing additional changes.  I.e. I
have not used Tiles before.
(I am currently reading Chap 11 (Developing with
Tiles) of Ted Husted's book.  In section 11.1.1 he
mentions "A dynamic include folds the output of the
included page into the original page." he is talking
about <jsp:include in the introduction to Tiles
before talking about Tiles properly.)

Do you think the problem is due to the fact the I am
using templates?

Fred

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_view.html,

=== message truncated ===