One idea

  The third time the login fails, register the time for that user.
  When a login gets executed, if the last registered time for the given user
is less than the time interval you want -> the login always fails.

  The user must have something like:

  User : id || login | password | last_failure | number_failures

  Hope it helps,

Pedro Salgado