You could apply what I described by defining the key as username+"@"+ip

Good idea!

-----Original Message-----
From: Janusz Dziadon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 4:20 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Login Security

I think, that you should register blocked IP anyway in database. It helps to
explain situations like below.

Try to imagine situation like this:
one user (A) really doesn't like another user (B) or system administrator
(C). Than (A) tries to log in into his (B or C) account with bad password.
His (B or C) account is disabled. Than A person can accuse person B or C
that they are not work.

Maybe it seems silly, but I have such not good experience.
Machine IP from wich was maked last try to log-in may helped to explain all
circumstances.

JD