Nick,

| I believe that various IDEs are beginning to allow this.
| I saw a demonstration of a Sun's Forte at a Java User Group,
| a while ago, and they were dropping and dragging JATO taglibs.
| WebLogic Workshop can apparently allow this using Struts.

Oracle JDeveloper 10g is one of these as well.

It gives Struts developers integrated visual J2EE application building and databinding
support, among many other cool things.

This include visual Struts page flow modeling, and other Struts-specific support.

You can take a product tour even before downloading a trial version at (various
viewlets available to watch):

http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/collateral/prodtour10g.html

JDeveloper is a fully-featured Java IDE with a small pricetag (free to try it, $995 to
own a dev license, no runtime fees for using
any of our J2EE productivity frameworks).

It has a slew of Java coding productivity features, the top ten of which Brian Duff
points out on his weblog quite effectively:

http://radio.weblogs.com/0128037/stories/2003/08/11/topTenToysForJavaCodersIn905.html

We demoed our JSF support (visual editing and databinding) on stage at June 2003
JavaOne, and will demo something that will blow JSF
users away for this year's JavaOne conference which is based on what we've done since
that first sneak peek.

JDeveloper has a pluggable extension architecture built on the JSR 198 model for IDE
extensions that is on its way to becoming a
Java platform standard. It ships with hundreds of pre-built and pre-tested extensions
in the box, which you can configure to use as
your needs dictate. You can download more extensions from the Oracle Technet website
or build your own using standard Swing and the
JDeveloper extension SDK.

For an idea of how to build a complete application using a maximal set of J2EE
application-building productivity features, you might
check out our Struts/BC4J Toy Store Demo and whitepaper at:

http://otn.oracle.com/sample_code/products/jdev/bc4jtoystore/index.html

An overview of our JSR 227-based databinding support is at:

http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/adfprimer/index.html

Steve Muench - Technical Evangelist, Product Mgr, Developer, Author - Oracle
http://radio.weblogs.com/0118231/

dropping html form controls (or struts-html.tld taglib controls) to a

designer screen, linking code and compiling.

I believe that various IDEs are beginning to allow this. I saw a demonstration of a
Sun's Forte at a Java User Group, a while ago,
and they were dropping and dragging JATO taglibs. WebLogic Workshop can apparently
allow this using Struts.

I don't know if any of this qualifies as decent programming, however.

Nick