Here is what I need to do to avoid creating session before the user has been
authentificated :

. add <%@ page session="false" %> to the JSP used by my login tile definition (layout
& tiles)
=> requesting login.jsp doesn't create a session

. set <controller locale="false"> in struts-config.xml
. set validate="false" for the login action
(. set scope="requet" for the login action)
=> requesting login.do doesn't create a session until I create it myself when
authentification has succeded (or some
action-mapping has scope="session").

Thank you all for help.

Nico.