A session CONTEXT is created when some code uses
    request.getSession() or request.getSession(true)

session tracking (using coockie or URL rewriting) is used keep association between
user and contexte. Session tracking
mecanism use a random number generator but doesn't use memory to store some data until
a CONTEXT is created.

Nico.