bean utils seems to be complaining that the types in my form and those in the form bean are somehow different, i cant see where.

It was working, until i rearranged a few things. A few questions/suggestions in help me problem solve would be greatly appreciated if you have the time.

Cheers Mark

On 13 Jan 2004, at 15:50, Wendy Smoak wrote:

From: Mark Lowe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using arrayList as a form property works fine with action
forms dyna or
otherwise. In fact IMO it makes like simpler. As i recall you were
trying to iterate through a map of forms not an arraylist.

The iterator goes through a Map, yes, but that Map isn't stored in the form, it's just a list of things stored in the session that the user needs to pick from.

I do not need to iterate over the ArrayList stored in the
DynaValidatorForm, I just wanted to store the user's choices there and
manipulate them in the Action code.  And I don't want them positional.
If I show him six choices and he picks the first and fourth, I want an
ArrayList with two items.

When I try to use ArrayList with multiple checkboxes, BeanUtils
complains that it can't do it:

org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConversionException: Cannot assign value
of type 'java.lang.String' to property 'accounts' of type
'java.util.ArrayList'

I would love to be able to use ArrayList in the DynaValidatorForm,
*without* indexing the property, which I don't need.  But I don't know
how to do the Struts tags so that BeanUtils is happy.  Which is fine,
really... I can deal with String[] with two extra lines of code.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.