> From: Mark Lowe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> It was working, until i rearranged a few things. A few
> questions/suggestions in help me problem solve would be greatly
> appreciated if you have the time.

I also don't see why BeanUtils can't handle turning multiple request
parameters with the same name into an ArrayList.  It *seems* like it
should work.

String[] works fine for me, though.  I actually thought there was a
one-liner to turn a String[] into an ArrayList of Strings, but I was
mistaken-- Arrays.asList() only produces a fixed-length list.  You can
change values, but you can't add a value to the array-backed-List.  My
"issue" is probably not one that you have-- I need to accept input from
three text areas and manually add the concatenated text to the String[]
property.

It would be nicer to do it with myList.add( "stuff" ), but since I can't
get ArrayList to work, here's how I'm using String[] in Action code:

      DynaActionForm dForm = (DynaActionForm) form;
      String[] accounts = (String[]) dForm.get( "accounts" );
      String fund = dForm.getString( "fund" );
      String function = dForm.getString( "function" );
      String costCenter = dForm.getString( "costCenter" );
      String[] newArray = new String[ accounts.length + 1];
      System.arraycopy( accounts, 0, newArray, 0, accounts.length );
      newArray[ newArray.length - 1 ] =
fund+"_"+function+"_"+costCenter;
      dForm.set( "accounts" , newArray );
      accounts = null;
      return mapping.findForward( "advanced" );

I haven't used arrays in ages, so if someone is now ROFL at my
incredibly inefficient code, please enlighten me.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.