Hi, Ashikuzzaman!

        I use StrutsTestCase to test my struts-based web tier action. Because
StrutsTestCase
use mock object to mock the container. So you needn't start your container(tomcat or
jboss)
to test your action class. It's a very fast way to test.
        However, StrutsTestCase can not mock EJB call. So if your web application
contains EJB
you should use cactus, which can start jboss automatically to test your code, or you
use the MockEJB to mock your ejb call.

======= 2004-01-17 21:50:00  Original Message:=======

>My new project is going to use Struts, Hibernate, XDoclets, Ant etc.
>together in a Debian O/S plus Oracle backend. For that project we found that
>there are two primary testing strategies used in server-side testing: mock
>object (MO) and in-container (IC). I got a look of what is what but would
>like to know which approach is generally used more?
>
>We also found two open source projects are popular for this testing - Apache
>Cactus and StrutsTestCase. Now which one should fit better for testing
>Struts applications? I mean pros and cons.
>
>Any comment or lights please?
>
>Regards,
>
>Muhammad Ashikuzzaman (Fahim)
>SCJP, SCWCD, IBM WebSphere and XML Developer
>Senior Software Engineer, SurroundApps Inc.

>.

Thank you.

Ryan