From: Robert Lehner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 7:13 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Validation Multiple Pages forward-Failure

Hallo

I'm using *.do mapping in my web.xml so I must use input="/newUser" ?
This does not work!

Ben Anderson wrote:
> You want to put validate="true" for the action you are submitting to.
> That's also where you specify the input.  The input is an application
> relative path beginning with a "/", so if you're using /do/* mapping
in
> your web.xml you'd want something like this
>
> <action name="newUserFrom"
>           path=/nextPathInProcess"
>           validate="true"
>           input="/do/newUser"
>
> however, I think it's generally best to just forward back to the jsp:
>         input="/pages/newUser.jsp"

I could not user input="/newuser/newUser.jsp because there is no file
like newUser.jsp .
I have the files index.jsp, address.jsp, services.jsp, status.jsp where
I distribute the objects (name, fist name, street, city etc) from my
NewUserFrom.
When I mistype anything i.E. in index.jsp it should redisplay the
index.jsp with the errormsg otherwise it should display the next page
(address.jsp) and so on. Like in my NewUserAktion snippt down. (Also
shown in the struts-validation example of the struts-distribution but
without JavaScript!!)
If you would see the full NewUserAction mail me and i would send it to
you via pm.

thx

Robert Lehner

[EMAIL PROTECTED]