I am wondering how to solve the following problem with a minimal amount of recoding, and hope someone can give some input. I have a form the has three html:submit buttons -- Update, Cancel and Delete. I am using a LookupDispatchAction and an ActionForm with the validation in the validate() method. Under normal conditions everything works fine......But when a user clicks Update with invalid data on the form, the validate method catches the bad data and returns the proper error message. If the user then decides to click Cancel (without changing the invalid data), the validate() method is still called and the user is returned the same error.

One thing that I might be able to do is to somehow find out what button was clicked in the validate() method...?? How would I do that, I wonder...

thanks in advance,
-nathan