It seems a good solution, but compared to the hidden field:

1) I have to set up an <action> just to show the error. With
the hidden field I could use 2 <action> (instead of 3)
doing something like

if (hiddenpar.isSet()) {
        leave form as is, we are here because validation failed
} else {
        populate the form from db
}

2) I have to hardcode the paths of my actions inside my classes
(es: If(mapping.getPath().equals("abcdisplay")))

Or am I wrong?

Please reply...

(and thank you!)