> When an error occur, it doesnt return to preprare action. It just back to
> the page selected in the tag "input" (input="/prepare.jsp" )
> You dont need to write code like this...
>
> if (!comingFromAValidationError())
> form.fillfromDB();
> else
> // leave form as is, with data entered by the user
> }
>
> When an error occurs it just redirects the request with the values
> introduced by the user to the page "prepare.jsp".

If I don't call

mylistbox.fillfromDB();

My list box will be empty! That's way I need to go to the prepare action!
I know that values the user entered would be already in the request and
ready
for the jsp page, but the listbox has to be loaded from the db.
Think about the list as a list of States in USA. It is something I
have to retrieve each time I go to the jsp page (unless I put it in the
session,
of course).

That's way I need

mylistbox.fillfromDB(); // this should always be called before going to the
jsp

if (!comingFromAValidationError())
        form.fillfromDB();
else
        do nothing; // leave form as is, with data entered by the user

Did I make myself clearer?

thank you for your answers (and for your patience!)