From: Ted Husted [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2004 11:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [FRIDAY] YA Stuts In Action / JUnit in Action Trivia Quiz

Last time, we asked contestants to name for a popular science fiction series
that featured a psi cop named after a science fiction author

1 The series (Babylon 5)

2 The character (Alfred Bester)

3 The actor who played the character (Walter Koenig)

4 The character this actor played in another famous science fiction series
(Chekov)

*OR* to list the twelve core practices of Extreme Programming.

----

Turn out was low for this contest, so either the questions were hard, or
this bit is getting stale :)

Anyway, last week's winner is:

* MELISSA L KELLEY

(Melissa, please send your surface mail address to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
indicate whether you would like JUnit in Action or Struts in Action)

----

NEXT:

To play, correctly answer  -- directly to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- one or
both of these questions.

In The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester, a character used a jingle to help
keep himself from being "scanned".

  1 The first word of the chant is "Tenser". How does the rest of it go?

In Dune by Frank Herbert, a character used a litany to help him through a
time of stress.

  2 The first word of the chant is "Fear". How does the rest of it go?

*OR*

  + Name your two favorite changes, improvements, or new additions to the
Struts Nightly Build since 1.1 was released. Hint:
<http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/release-notes.html>. One more
addition, currently in progress, is to add a "module" parameters to several
tags to allow linking between modules. [Yes, 1.2.0 will be along shortly :)]

----

Contestants sending -- directly to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- correct
answers to the to the bonus question *OR* the SF question to me will be
eligible for the next drawing. (the correct answers being the ones I
expect). Prior winners excluded (but feel free to play anyway).

The contest will run until Thursday, January 15, 2004, 23:59:59, so everyone
has a chance to participate.

The lucky winner selected from the correct responses will receive their
choice of either a signed copy of Struts in Action *OR* JUnit in Action.

(Signed only by me, I'm afraid, my co-authors are scattered across the globe
-- gotta love the Internet!)

    PLEASE be sure to reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you have an interesting science fiction or computer science question that
is hard, or at least fun, to google, please send it to me. The first to
suggest a question that we use also wins!

-Ted.

    PLEASE be sure to reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Ted Husted,
   Junit in Action  - <http://www.manning.com/massol/>,