Take a look at Struts transaction tokens.  That will help provide your Action
with a flag to ignore successive transactions (in this case, logins), even
when the user hits "ok" on the resend prompt.
If you don't want the user to even see the resend prompt, you can redirect to
the view after the transaction.  Even with a redirect, though, you might
still want to add the transaction token checking.

 - Hubert