On 10 Feb 2014, at 16:28, Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org> wrote:

HI everyone,

> On Mon, 2014-02-10 at 13:07 +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> On 9 February 2014 02:48, Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org> wrote:
>>> EVERYONE please at least read and
>>> comment in email - or just edit on the wiki.
>>
>> for the GSoC task "VPM-B/BE"
>>
>> here is a VPM-B in C and python:
>> https://github.com/bwaite/vpmb
>
> IIRC that was a FORTRAN to C conversion and quite unusable…

I had a quick look at it and it looks surprisingly good. It seems it is
independent of the old FORTRAN code and in the doc folder there is even a LaTeX
document with pseudo code that looks much better than Baker’s original text (as
far as I can tell from only printing rather than reading it).

>> the source code license looks to me like the 2-clause (simplified)
>> BSD, which is GPL2 compatible:
>> https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#FreeBSD
>>
>> it does have the:
>> 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
>>   this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
>>   and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
>
> Hate that license.

The exif code I included also comes with that license. Do we have to do
anything about this?

I will read it and then comment more.

Best
Robert