> On Jul 15, 2018, at 5:31 PM, Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org> wrote:
>

> This may not go anywhere - but it might, so please bear with me...
>
> I have spent a few hours (mostly because I suck at Perl) and wrote a couple
> of scripts to try to connect our current git based translation system for the
> website with Transifex.
>
> There's a new resource on Transifex that is called "about" and that contains
> the strings of our landing page. For the website we currently have
> translations to de_DE fr_FR es_ES it_IT nl_NL pl_PL ru_RU pt_PT fi_FI so
> these are the ones that have been populated. The closer the translations were
> to the English version, the better these imports will be. While eventually we
> can consider other translations, right now I'm not asking for people to add
> more translations!
>
> If you would like to help me figure out if this is feasible and you speak
> (doesn't matter at this point how fluently) one of these languages, you could
> help me by logging into Transifex and cleaning up the translations of that
> "about" resource. The biggest issue likely will be "translations" that are on
> the wrong source string. Because of the way I extract these preliminary
> translations from the existing translations, if the "grouping" of the HTML in
> the translation doesn't match the grouping in English, things will go poorly.
> I had to break up a couple of longer paragraphs in German to match the
> paragraph breaks in English, for example.
> Then tomorrow I'll try to pull these translations again and see if I can feed
> them into git and push them from there into WordPress in order for them to
> show up on our website.

For example, I don't speak Finnish... but it's quite obvious that some of the
strings were missing and that therefore the translations are not matching the
source strings. For example "Hieman historian:" apparently is Finnish for
string #17, "A bit of background", but it shows up as the translation of string
#9...

/D