Hi Matt.

On 2/07/23 12:56, Matt Thompson via subsurface wrote:
I'm guessing this is a long shot, but has anyone started looking at importing dives from the new DSX?  I have yet to get it into open water, but I've logged a few hours in the pool.  It has potential, especially for sidemount divers. However, the DiverLog ecosystem is a complete mess.  I have found a workflow that lets me import some dive data by downloading dives to DiverLog+ on my phone, then uploading to Dive Cloud, then downloading the zxu files and importing them into Subsurface.  It's a painful process that loses all the tank sensor information along the way.

I'm happy to help in any way I can with logs, data dumps, testing, etc.

Is this the same DiverLog+ app that is used to download logs from Oceanic dive computers (https://www.oceanicworldwide.com/diverlog-plus/). If it is then there is a chance that this computer was designed based on an Oceanic design, and uses a similar protocol.

So you could start to see what happens if you try downloading dives into Subsurface over bluetooth by telling Subsurface that your computer is an Oceanic (the Pro Plus is probably the closest model).

Cheers

  Michael Keller