Hi Linus.

On Mon, Jul 3, 2023 at 8:10 AM Linus Torvalds
<torva...@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> Most dive computer manufacturers seem to really want to "own their
> ecosystem". I think it's something people learn in Business School.

Which is understandable, and actually a good idea, as long as you work
on this goal by trying to be better than other ecosystems, and not by
locking in customers, thus diminishing the value of the product they
bought from you.

> But who knows.. If somebody has connections inside any of these
> companies, maybe it would be worthwhile trying to reach out to them?

Somebody who has 'contacts' are the customers who have bought the
products, and if enough of them reach out to the manufacturer (and the
dive shop) they bought from then this will hopefully help make a case
to the people actually selling these products that Pelagian's business
model is not in their best interest.

Matt, do you want to reach out to Apeks and ask them if they can
provide documentation for the communication protocol that their
hardware uses? Feel free to point out that other competing
manufacturers in their space like Shearwater and Heinrichs Weikamp do
this, and thus enable their products to be fully supported by their
customers' dive log software of choice.

Ngā mihi
  Michael Keller