Q1: they are moved forward along their route but they take up no space in
the road network.
Q2: no, vehicles are loaded in chunks of ~300 seconds and every bernoulli
experiment is done only when the vehicle is loaded
Q3: correct
Q4: no, see Q2.
Q5: yes. after insertion, the option device.rerouting.period determines the
rerouting period and pre-period is no longer relevant.