Hello,
E2-detectors currently cannot detect pedestrians. and the only way to
implement a pedestrian-pushbutton is by checking the walking direction of
the pedestrians explicitly. This is demonstrated in
https://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Tutorials/TraCIPedCrossing

Sidewalks should be modelled with a single lane that serves for both
directions. Also, I recommend reading
https://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Pedestrians#Generating_a_network_with_crossings_and_walkingareas

regards,
Jakob