I recall in physics class our professor making it quite clear that
'precision' and 'accuracy' are 2 different things!  However, all I recall
now is that they were SUPPOSED to be different but not what that difference
was.  I did remember where to look for the reference, tho.  Here it is:

 From Statistical Treatment of Experimental Data by Hugh Young:

   "If a measurement has small _systematic_ errors, we say that it has high
accuracy; if small _random_ erors, we say it has high precision."

Clem
ps, I see you're from Tucson.  I took physics at the UofA. :-)