This is all definitely off topic.  But with apologies here goes.

><So how many times have we 're-cycled?' the drinking water>
>
>Wasn't there once a Scotsman who poured a bottle of Scotch over his friends
>grave every year on the anniversary of his death?  He just filtered it
>through his kidneys first to avoid the waste.
>
>Mike

The world's great oceans, Pacific, Atlantic and Indian, are on average
4000m deep.  Annual evaporation averages around 1m.  Sea level is fairly
unchanging.  The oceans are well mixed or they would stagnate.  So the
residence time of a water molecule in the sea is on average 4000 years.
In other words oceans renew themselves in only 4 millennia.  Seems
improbable?  Ripley (Believe It Or Not) would be proud.

Frank 55N 1W
--
Frank Evans