Fer,

        The 007 Capuchin Dial is a PostScript program written initially by Eric
MacPhereson, University of Manitoba and with a later revision by Andrew
J Irwin, c/o Math 007, University of Toronto, see URL below.

http://www.math.toronto.edu/007/007-info.html

        You can also get a copy from my ftp site, see URL below, in the zip
file I have included a JPEG image file to easily see what the output
looks like. You may not want to go through the PostScript setup hassle!

ftp://ftp.gcstudio.com/pub/sundial/007dial.zip

        However, the 007 dial is a very nice way to become aquatinted with the
PostScript language and its powerful capabilities. As PostScript is a
Page Description Language, it's optimally suited for producing complex
vector forms without have to "transform" them into another vector space
for making a printout. A nice WWW PosctScript resource is as follows:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/5682/postscript.html

        Note that the two lines of the 007.PS source code below will have to
modified so that the field width values match the width of the entered
user lat/long values, decimal pt included, e.g., my entered lat of 36.6
has a field width of 4 and my entered long of 121.9 has a field width of
5 (as entered below).

lat abs 4 string cvs show lat 0 gt { (N )} {(S )} ifelse show
long abs 5 string cvs show long 0 gt {(W )} {(E )} ifelse show

Regards,

Luke Coletti