Fellow Shadow Watchers,

As a child I remember running into the house to say that the full moon
looked blue in colour.  Everyone laughed although nobody went outside to
look for themselves.  As I recall this was confirmed as a rare occurrence
on the radio the following day much to my parents' surprise.  Ever since
then I've assumed that this was the origin of the saying 'once in a blue
moon'.

On TV yesterday I heard that we are about to witness a 'blue moon',
explained as the rare occurrence of two full moons within one calendar
month - nothing to do with colour at all.

Was my experience just a childhood fantasy?

Tony Moss