Hi John,

Remember my talk at the NASS conference last year, "How Long is My Shadow"
In this presentation I described the Excel spreadsheet that I wrote as a
design tool for analematic sundials. For the defined location (latitude and
longitude), it calculates and plots the hour points on the analemma ellipse
and shows the path of the shadow tip for defined heights and solar
declinations. This clearly demonstrates the problem with short summer
shadows at your latitude and long winter shadows at mine.

My offer to provide the presentation slides and spreadsheet on request
still stands. You will need Microsoft Office 97 including Powerpoint and
Excel to use the files. If you do not have these programs but do have Delta
Cad, then Fer De Vries posting is probably a better offer. The 35mm slides
that I presented to show the test layout on my deck and the finished
product as built at the Calgary Science Center are not available as I have
not scanned them. I would also have to get model releases from my
grandchildren!

Roger Bailey
Walking Shadow Designs
N 51  W 115