Hi Maria !

I have this book here. The only right thing is that it is a great book !
32cmx24cm ! :-)

His interrest is on what you want to do with : with that book, you will
NOT learn how to calculate a sundial, there is NO formulas, and NO
drawings. Only color photos, and a poor text.

Some historical indications, but nothing that you don't know now,
because every question you have in mind can find an answer here, on this
sundial list !

In this book there are no tips for south hemisphere dialling, no
adresses for sundiallers, nothing interresting.
In France, this book ins't very expensive (less than 15 USD)

But it's only my comment...

There are other books, of more interrest.
Those I know (in French langage too)
"cadrans solaires, les comprendre et les construire", Jean-Noel TARDY,
Edisud, ISBN 2-85744-805-8 (15 USD env.) many formulas, graphics, a few
photos

"le cadran solaire, principe et realisation", George VERPLOEGH, editions
du tricorne, ISBN 2-8293-0174-2, (20 USD env.) plans, graphics,
formulas, demonstrations, photos, a high level, very good book.

" MIDI AU SOLEIL" Pierre BOURGE & Jean FULCRAND, a very good book, not
expensive (less than 15 USD), with plans, graphics, photos, a few
fomulas, a simple explanation. Very good for french teenagers, or not
french adults (because of the language, not because of the level !!!)
But I don't have it under my hand, and don't know the editor and the
ISBN. An other french sundialler could help me ?

Friendly yours.

Alain MORY
7°E 48°N

"