Hi Gordon and mirror folk,

I just thought that someone might know the oil they use to cover the
mercury with so that it could be experimented with in the ceiling
sundial situation in order to have a safer flat, level mirror.  But
thanks for the info, that is interesting.  I've visited both
observatories you mentioned, but far longer ago when this effort had
not begun.

Edley.