Arthur Carlson wrote:
>is there any
> chance of getting around the 2 minute limit on sundial accuracy due to the
> sun's angular diameter?

This part of your message struck me as something new.  We've had many
discussions about the limits of precision attainable, but this is the first
time I have heard that it is two minutes.  I can read the center of the
cable gnomon's shadow on my Flandrau sundial to within 20 seconds.

John

John L. Carmichael Jr.
Sundial Sculptures
925 E. Foothills Dr.