Hi John
I have the Sony TRV-140 digital 8 camcorder and it does have a programmable feature for time-lapse photography.
Works great for those documentary flower-opening shots!!

Did occur to me to try it on one of my sundials, but I have not found a place yet where it would be shaded from direct sunlight

Regards

Alexei Pace
Malta
35.84ºN 14.55ºE

inute for a longer movie.

I am NOT a movie photographer and I don't know anything about video cameras.
Do you think there is a video camera that can be programmed to take a time
lapse movie so that a person doesn't have to personally baby sit the camera
all day? Where could we get one?(Note: The best filming angle would be to
place the camera as high as possible. A cherry picker, tall ladder scaffold?
You might also get a good view of the shadow from a camera located on top of
the Heliostat Tower looking down and south or one located on top of the
Solar Vaccum Telescope.