On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, [ISO-8859-1] Anselmo P?rez Serrada wrote:

>     I believe the best solution is the CD sundial or 'difraction
> sundial'. You only need a faulty CD
> and a transparent sticker to draw the lines of a 'spider dial'. See the
> Compendium, Nr 3 Sept 1990.
>     It works very well indeed.
> Anselmo

  I only have Compendia back to the first Digital version, in 1995(1994?).
I know what a "spider" dial is and looks like, but what was the effect of
the CD, other than the pretty diffraction patterns? Possibly, a spider
dial with no vertical gnomon? That would work well, for sure!

  And, since I define AOL throw-aways as "faulty" from the start, I have
plenty of the required dial faces...

Dave
37.28N 121.97W