From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 12:10 PM
To: sundial@rrz.uni-koeln.de
Subject: Schmoyer Sunquest

Dear Dialist,

I am trying to obtain some historical information on the Schmoyer
Sunquest
sundial; specifically when it was first made and marketed.  Waugh's book
(1973)
discusses the dial, but gives no dates.  Apparantly Frank Cousin's book
(1968)
mentions it, but I do not have a copy. I was hoping someone on the list
might
be able to tell me what it says.  I have a drawing that was sent out
with the
recastings sold at the NASS convention in 1999 dated 1958, but that does
not
tell me when the dials became available publicly.  Can any one
contribute to
this?

Bill Gottesman