Hi Peter,

In both planes the width of the slots is changing.
For each half hour we tried to get the line of light disappearnig from an
hour line and at the same moment a new line appearing on the next hour line.
We did some experiments but the final was determined with the help of
construction in Autocad.
Don't ask me how I did it so many years ago.

The gentleman with the beard is a self portrait of Bill as he demonstrates
the principle of hour or shadow planes very clear.

Best wishes, Fer.

Fer J. de Vries

De Zonnewijzerkring
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]