Prof Gregorio,

>> As far as the Equation of Time is concerned, the last
edition of the Explanatory Supplement to the Astronomical
Almanac reports (pag. 484) the following algorithm:<<

Thank you for the algorithm.  No matter how hard I try I cannot
make the algorithm yield the correct results.  I attribute this
to my incorrect math assumptions.  Could you or someone else
walk thru the algorithm with a real date and time, (for
example 12:00 July 27, 1980) to help me find my wrong thinking?

Does "remove multiples of 3600" mean  "reduce to the range of
0 to 3600 by adding/subtracting multiples of 3600"?  Or is the
range -3600 to 3600?

What is ET expressed in?  decimal hours?

++ron