At 07:35 PM 12/31/96 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear gnomonists,
>
>In this e-mail I have attached a gif-picture of the curve of the
>equation of time for two years, 1902 and 2098.
>They are calculated with the formula ( for the mentioned years) I
>mentioned in my earlier e-mail this day.
>You see the ( small) change in the curve in a periode of about 200
>years.
>
>I do hope many of you can really see this picture.
>
>Fer J. de Vries.
>
>Attachment Converted: D:\EUDORA\ATTACH\equatime.gif

Fer,

Thanks for the informative GIF which compares the EOT for 1902 and 2098.

Two questions:

1.  What drawing program did you use to make the GIF.  I've been wanting to
draw a nice EOT graph for use on my website, but the only drawing program I
have requires me to manually input the individual points that make up the
curve.  Does your drawing software allow the use of equations to
automatically draw the desired curve?

2.  Eventually, I want to add a page to my website devoted to the EOT.
Since the GIF you so graciously provided is so informative, I wonder if I
might have your permission to use it on my website?  With credit given to
you of course.

Charles

*       Sundials and The Author        *
* http://www.geocities.com/athens/1012 *