That is all well and good, but by rotating the Camera Obscura (I prefer the
term pinhole lens) aperture you can hold angular problems to analemmic
degrees, much less problematic when this is the case.
This also gives a handy way to make very small angular measurements more
visible on a scale attached to the rotating member.
Haze, while inconvient, does not make a noticable, or at least consistent,
difference in any way that I can discern on a system as described above.
There is some discrepancy when the sun becomes oblate near sun rise/set.
The measurement of solar radiation falling outside the visible spectrum has
always interested me as a way of combating haze, but unfortunatly the
results of the few experiments I have tried along these lines were not
readily available to me, as they were, by definition, 'invisible'.

Cheers!
Dave G.
http://atensundials.com