Hello Frank,

Thank you for your illuminating comments. It is very kind of you to share your knowledge.

By all means please consider doing a book! I'll buy the first copy.

In any event, please continue your thoughtful emails. Text-only messages are quite small, and easily deleted by those who choose not to enjoy your valuable observations. But, it's hard for me to believe that anyone on this list doesn't welcome an expert's experiences on sundial design and installation.

Where else is this kind of information available?

Best wishes,

Mac Oglesby

********

Dear Mac

Many thanks for your message...

 Would you be willing to expand on the eight steps
 you listed in your procedure for dealing with a
 supposedly flat wall?

Yes, I am willing but this is a bit of a risk!  Each
step could be a whole chapter of a book!  I don't think
the list would be too pleased with me.

Also, I don't claim any special expertese.  There must
be many who subscribe to this list who do things
differently and better!

I shall take as my starting point  Willy Leenders'
comment:

(snip)