> Togeher with the message by Roger Baily about an English translation of
> Sacrobosco's text we have more sources that say that at least there is a
> timesystem in history based on the rise of 15 degrees of the elcliptic, no
> matter what name is used for it.
> I hope to hear about more sources.
-----------------

For now I have ready a passage from the Astronomicon of Manilius (ante a.D.
14), probably contesting the belief of a uniform motion of the zodiac, with
rise of half Sign in 1 hour, he writes in his "Astronomicon" (hope the
English translation is good enough): " Nor am I unaquainted with a common
method of calculating, which attributes  two hours each to the rising of
the signs and reckons the stars as identical with equal ascensions; by this
calculation, starting from the point where the Sun's orbit begins, the
number of the hours is counted, with its total converted into signs, until
it reaches the precise time of birth" (Manilius is writing about horoscope)
and he follows "Who could believe that, with such uneven periods and such
changeable limits of the day and darkness, all the signs rise into the sky
under a uniform law of heaven? Moreover, the length of an hour is a variable
quantity, nor is any hour followed by another of the same length, but just
as the duration of days varies, so also their parts increase and again
decrease; and yet, under whatever signs a day's course is run, it has at any
moment six signs above the earth and six below. It follows that the signs
cannot all rise in a period of two hours, since owing to the discrepancy
between the hours their duration is not uniform, if indeed twelve hours are
contained between each down and dusk, a number which ordinary reckoning
demands but strict application does not permit."[i]
Martianus Capella also knew this lesson (see Martianus, De Nuptiis, VIII,
844).
In medieval time you often find the description of an hour as "the 12th of
the daylight" and "half sign rise in one hour", but of course this is wrong
because one half of a sign doesn't rise in one hour (temporal hour, of
course) but faster if it rise oblique and slower if it rise right. So
William of Conches understanding this lesson say in his Dragmaticon
Philosophiae, IV: "The hour is the time that one half of sign rise", but he
add an explanation about this time and he says: "six sign are everyday on
the horizon and six down ... even if they are equal (six up and six down)
some of them are slower and some of them are faster, because some of them
rise right and set oblique, some other rise oblique and set right...".

Yes it is true, the name of 'planetary' hours is not written, but they are
actually a  real horary system bind to the movement of the ecliptic, and
zodiac and we know that every sign is under a planet influence.

Mario

[i] "In tam dissimili spatio variisque dierum umbrarumque modis quis credere
possit in auras omnia signa pari mundi sub lege meare? Adde quod incerta est
horae mensura neque ullam altera par sequitur, sed, sicut summa dierum
vertitur, et partes surgunt rursusque recedunt; cum tamen, in quocumque dies
deducitur astro, sex habet supra terras, sex signa sub illis. Quo fit ut
binas non possint omnia nasci, cum spatium non sit sibi par pugnantibus
horis, si modo bis senae servantur luce sub omni, quem numerum debet ratio
sed non capit usus.";  M. Manilius, Astronomica, III, 235, G.P. Goold ed.,
The Loeb Classical Library, Harvard University Press, Cambridge
(Massachusetts), London (England), 1977, pp. 178-181, (LCL 469).