To: <sundial@uni-koeln.de>
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:41 AM
Subject: A new mosaic Analemmatic, in Australia - plus a 'suggestion',for this List

As we do not see very many new sundials, from the Southern Hemisphere - here is a photograph which has been sent to me by "a-friend-of-a-friend", in Australia.

It is a mosaic Analemmatic layout, constructed at Cecil Plains (in Queensland).

Note how the hour-markers run in an 'anti-clockwise' sense - being the opposite of any typical layouts, designed for a location within the Northern Hemisphere.

The original picture was 2256 x 1496 pixels (about 1.6Mb) - so had to reduce it to make the file-size suitable for this Mailing List, but if anyone wants me to Email them the 'actual-size' JPEG photograph, then please contact me privately.

A suggestion - I have always thought it would be useful if I could see pictures of the members of our Mailing List, and so that I could "put a face to a name".

I have included a small photograph of myself. If other members think that this could be a good idea, then I will look forward to seeing your images in future.

Yours sincerely,

Linda Reid.