Hello Friends,

Sincere thanks to all of you who responded to my request for advice
on how to blacken stainless steel. The dial under construction, which
is a gift to the Town of Brattleboro, has a group of people involved.
That was my choice and now I feel bound to consider the opinions of
the others.

At the moment, it looks as though we'll use untreated 1/4" square
stainless steel bars imbedded in the concrete for the hour lines of
our first try. Hopefully, that dial will turn out to be a huge
success. If not, we can always profit from the experience, make
adjustments and try again.

When the dial is completed I'll report back and make photos available.

Best wishes,

Mac Oglesby