I also heard of a study last year that concluded that DST caused heart
attacks!

-----Original Message-----
From: sundial-boun...@uni-koeln.de [mailto:sundial-boun...@uni-koeln.de] On
Behalf Of Simon [illustratingshadows
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 6:29 AM
To: 'Sundial Mailing List'; Frank King
Subject: Re: DST Misconceptions

My understanding, not having followed this thread, is that at best there is
a believed savings of energy to the order of 1%. I have no idea if that is
statistically valid. I am also told that the shift from standard to daylight
time causes some 263 traffic deaths during the transitional period, compared
to the norm. No consideration is given to the southern states.

This is political folly at its best, and we like sheep.

Congratulations Arizona on standing firm, with a NO to DST.

Simon

Simon Wheaton-Smith
www.illustratingshadows.com
Silver City, New Mexico W108.2 N32.75 and
Phoenix, Arizona, W112.1 N33.5