From: "Martina Addiscott" <martina.addisc...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:23 AM
To: <sundial@uni-koeln.de>
Subject: Re: Why are schools, across the world,'banning' analemmatic sundials ?

Dear Reinhold,

Thanks for your reply, saying you also had some difficulty with
an 'analemmatic' sundial at a school - and caused by "jealousy"
plus people being frightened of some legal action, against them.

As you suggest, I would love to 'defy' our Educational Authority
to install this feature - but if I did so, then I am afraid that
both myself and my Head Teacher will be dismissed from our jobs.

I really cannot understand why (say) any "Hop-scotch" grids and
"Snakes & Ladders" layouts are OK for playgrounds - but when it
comes to interactive Human Sundials, they are deemed 'dangerous'
for children.  Nobody seems to be able to give me a satisfactory
explanation for it - except to say, "Health and Safety" reasons.

If anyone else has some ideas on this, then please let me know.

Sincerely,

Martina Addiscott.