Hi all,

I have one of the Fossil wrist sundials. I paid AU$10.00 in 1995 in an
Australian store. It is designed for the Northern hemisphere so it is no good
for Australia. It came in a funny size box with a sloping top. It came with a
compass on the strap and a Warranty card with one year warranty. The bottom of
the box has the following on it:

START:
“You have purchased the Fossil Sundial. This piece is a functional sundial
simular to the ancient time keeping devices used long ago.

To use the Fossil Sundial, the user must face North Holding (or by putting the
sundial on a level surface), the fin should point North and the user should
stand facing North to read the time. The time can be determined by noting the
index on which the edge of the shadow falls.

To join CLUB FOSSIL of for more information call 1-800-TIV-TOC1 842-8621.

For replacement straps send watch and $12.50 to:

Fossil Inc
11052 Grader Street
Dallas, TX 75238

For service other than straps write to the above address”.
END.

What’s funny about this Sundial watch is that they sell a sundial watch that
was designed for the Northern Hemisphere in Australia and give a one year
warranty for workmanship. And for service other than straps to write to the
above address. Maybe I should write and say I’m have problems reading the time.
No equation of time was given with the sundial watch.

Regards,

Roderick Wall.