David,

I’m looking for the same matter and I’ve found something to share with you.
I replay here, may be others are interested, but without the files I describe
(I’ll send them to you), if someone else is interested I’ll send the files to
those who request them.

My target is to make a fullerene, the 32 faces solid with 20 hexagons and 12
pentagons, with the stars and the constellation boundaries.

I found the coordinates, RA & Dec, of the boundaries of the constellations.
They are for the year 1879, when the boundaries were established, and the new
values for 2000 due the precession of the equinoxes.
I got these data from http://cds.u-strasbg.fr/ where you can find a lot of star
catalogues. These files must be arranged to be used, so I transform them in a
txt, to be read from my software.

boundaries.txt contains the continuos sequence of the boundaries, separated
from a comma. Every point has 6 data:
RA 2000, Dec 2000, a progressive number, RA 1879, Dec 2000, the abbreviation of
the constellations

A friend send me a list of the 100 brightest stars with greek letter,
constellation, RA, Dec and magnitude. I transform also this list in a txt with
data separated by comma. I realize 100 stars are too few, although he says it
is impossible to recognize more then 200 stars (about), so I think to look for
a list of 300 - 400 stars.

None of the files I found have the description of the links among stars of the
same constellation, so I think I have to work to build it.  This is not an
urgent goal among my gnomonic interests so I’ve not finished it. If there is a
file with these data I’m also interested.

The image you see here is the fullerene as it is now, with the boundaries, no
stars, and the ecpliptic. It is about 30 cm high, got from a paper sheet of 105
x 60 cm, to cut, fold and glue. With the same fullerene I made a phisical Earth
globe, the Moon and Mars.

ciao Fabio

Fabio Savian
fabio.sav...@nonvedolora.it
www.nonvedolora.eu
Paderno Dugnano, Milano, Italy
45° 34' 10'' N, 9° 10' 9'' E, GMT+1 (DST +2)