Dear Fabio,

I _think_ on reflection, that your Fullerene is also a 'truncated icosahedron'.

ciao,

Peter

On 22/05/2014 7:09 PM, Fabio nonvedolora wrote:
David,
I’m looking for the same matter and I’ve found something to share
with you.
I replay here, may be others are interested, but without the files I
describe (I’ll send them to you), if someone else is interested I’ll
send the files to those who request them.
My target is to make a fullerene, the 32 faces solid with 20 hexagons
and 12 pentagons, with the stars and the constellation boundaries.
I found the coordinates, RA & Dec, of the boundaries of the
constellations. They are for the year 1879, when the boundaries were
established, and the new values for 2000 due the precession of the
equinoxes.
I got these data from http://cds.u-strasbg.fr/ where you can find a lot
of star catalogues. These files must be arranged to be used, so I
transform them in a txt, to be read from my software.
boundaries.txt contains the continuos sequence of the boundaries,
separated from a comma. Every point has 6 data:
RA 2000, Dec 2000, a progressive number, RA 1879, Dec 2000, the
abbreviation of the constellations
A friend send me a list of the 100 brightest stars with greek letter,
constellation, RA, Dec and magnitude. I transform also this list in a
txt with data separated by comma. I realize 100 stars are too few,
although he says it is impossible to recognize more then 200 stars
(about), so I think to look for a list of 300 - 400 stars.
None of the files I found have the description of the links among stars
of the same constellation, so I think I have to work to build it.  This
is not an urgent goal among my gnomonic interests so I’ve not finished
it. If there is a file with these data I’m also interested.
The image you see here is the fullerene as it is now, with the
boundaries, no stars, and the ecpliptic. It is about 30 cm high, got
from a paper sheet of 105 x 60 cm, to cut, fold and glue. With the same
fullerene I made a phisical Earth globe, the Moon and Mars.
constellations
ciao Fabio
Fabio Savian
fabio.sav...@nonvedolora.it
www.nonvedolora.eu
Paderno Dugnano, Milano, Italy
45° 34' 10'' N, 9° 10' 9'' E, GMT+1 (DST +2)